Monday, November 17, 2008

Solar Imaging Session - November 16, 2008

Hello:

I wake up late today so my observation window is limited to the point that I can only image the Sun in less than 15 minutes before it gets obstructed :( Nevertheless, I was able to capture a nice bar prominence but unfortunately, I missed imaging AR1008 sunspot group as by the time Im set to image it, it got obstructed already :( Below is the image of the prominence.


Before lunchtime, I got another chance to image the Sun but this time around, I opted to test the William Optics WCL-52 digicam lens I got in conjunction with my Canon 650IS to image afocally with TV-101 refractor. With that setup, it will give me an effective focal length of 1500m f/15. Unfortunately, clouds rolled up as fast as I setup again, but I got to image the whole disk before getting clouded up. Not that sharp as I got no time to finely focus though :(

No comments: