Monday, January 10, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - January 10, 2011 (New AR11145 Sunspot Group)

The sky started out very cloudy when I wake up this morning at around 7:30am so I thought I wouldn't be able to do any solar observation and imaging today :( But at around 8:30am, sky suddenly clear up a bit and I quickly setup and try to image the Sun before I go to work!

AR11140 Sunspot Group further quiet down as it starts to exit the NW limb. AR11143 Sunspot Group is totally decayed but I can still see some faint solar activity in its core in Ha wavelength. A new AR11145 sunspot group has developed in the NE quadrant but is still very small and boring both in white light and Ha wavelength.

I run out of time to image white light this morning as I need to go to work :( Nevertheless, I did got a quick peek at the Sun in white light before packing it up asap.

Overall, the Sun is very quiet and i do hope that before January 13 comes, solar activity comes a bit alive so that I can get a good composition of the Sun with International Space Station (ISS / Zarya) transiting the Sun at around 8:30:40am PST (Philippine Standard Time). But weather has been bad these past few days and I do pray that our members at Astronomical League of the Philippines (ALP) would be able to document and image this rare transit in our area.




No comments: