Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - January 5, 2011 (3 Sunspot Groups & Nice Dark Filaments )

The sky this morning is again hazy and seeing conditions continue to be poor :( AR11140 Sunspot Group in Ha shows a some good flares and plages which is some thing new from my 3 days of monitoring this group :) AR11141 Sunspot Group is now starting to exit into the NW limb and is also deteriorating fast. AR11142 Sunspot Group, on the other hand continues to show good solar activity within its core. The large dark filament near AR11142 continues to be vivid and photogenic.







I was able to obtain white light images of the 3 sunspot groups again but seeing was so poor it was very hard to obtain good image frames for me to process thus I was only able to produce a poor and soft images of the 3 groups in white light. :(






I hope I will get better seeing conditions tomorrow for me to shoot AR11140 and 11142 in higher resolution ..........

No comments: