Saturday, February 12, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - February 13, 2011 ( 4 Sunspot Groups and Large Eruptive Prominence)

The sky this morning is partially cloudy and seeing is not good. Nevertheless, I still proceeded to wait for more than 45 minutes before I could get some images of the Sun. I was able to see 4 sunspot groups on the solar disk. Of the 4 groups, AR11158 Sunspot Group is worth observing as it is slightly large in size. Although it is does not yet have a complex structured core, I believe the sunspot group is still in developing stage and will grow a bit more in the days to come. A large eruptive prominence can be seen in the NW limb while several other smaller group of eruptive prominences can be viewed around the solar limb.

With seeing conditions far from ideal, I had a hard time focusing and imaging the Sunspot Groups in high resolution white light wavelength thus I was only able to image the larger AR11158 Sunspot Group. :( Image is not that good but it is still better than no image at all :) LOL





No comments: