Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - February 2, 2011

The sky this morning is quite hazy and cloudy that I was a bit reluctant to setup but my passion for the Sun urged me to still setup and observe the Sun amid the unfavorable weather.

As I setup the PST-Ha, most noticeable object on the Sun's disk is still AR11150 Sunspot Group. It has grown a bit in size as well as structure but still not that impressive as it still has no major core structure yet. Although some solar activity can still be seen in Ha light. A faint nice dark filament can be seen in the NE limb as well as a nice eruptive prominence.

I wasn't able to image in white light high resolution because the seeing and haze was really bad that In can't even focus on the AR11150 :( Anyway, I hope to get a chance to image the group up close tomorrow.........


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kevin,

It is nice to see the Sun in H-a when my weather limits my views. Good Work. Ryc