Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - December 28, 2011 (Large NW Eruptive Prominence !!!))

The sky this morning is very hazy and with thick clouds but nevertheless, I can still see the Sun a bit so I proceeded with setting up and imaging the Sun. There is a large eruptive prominence in the NW limb which is the showcase for this morning imaging session. A bright flare can be seen clearly near the eastern limb where a moderate size eruptive prominence and AR11388 Sunspot Group is visible. Both AR11387 and AR11386 Sunspot Groups shows a lot of solar activity inside its core today compare to yesterday.

I also tried imaging AR11384 Sunspot Group through thick haze and clouds, a desperation and futile imaging quality on the shot but nevertheless, it is still better than no imaging at all. Afterwards, the Sun gets clouded out thus I had to end the solar session as late for work already. Hope I will get a better session tomorrow morning.




No comments: