Monday, January 30, 2012

Deep Sky Imaging Session - January 28-29, 2012

Last Jan 28, I went with some members of the Astronomical League of the Philippines went to Caliraya, Laguna to do some observations as well as try to recover Comet Garrad & Asteroid 433 Eros.

We arrive at the site at around 7:00 pm. I brought along my usual portable setup with Canon EOS 500D DSLR on Canon EF100-400mm IS L lens on Kenko Sky Memo-R tracker.
As the sky started to open up late in the evening, I was finally able to polar align my mount and together with ALPer Christopher Louie Lu worked together to locate and image asteroid 433 Eros in the constellation of Sextan so that we can submit our images for parallax measurement to the Eros Parallax Project.

Before morning break, I was also able to image Comet 2009 P1 Garrad as well as M13 Hercules globular cluster in the constellation of Hercules before we head back home with a contended heart that we had a great time together!






No comments: