Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mars & Saturn Imaging Session - February 25, 2012

After I got from Baguio in the evening and joined my fellow ALPers at the National Astronomy Week (NAW) free stargazing session last February 24 at AstroCamp Observatory and returning home later in the morning already, I saw Mars past zenith, I quickly setup the scope and let the scope cool down a bit while getting some rest from a very tiring night. I started to image Mars after an hour later and can see Martian feature Mare Cimmerium in the Central Meridian. Syrtis Major is near the limb while the North Polar Cap is clearly visible with Utopia. Seeing was not that good but still shows a lot of details.

After I finish imaging Mars, I also saw Saturn already past our neighbor's roof obstruction so I didn't let it past without imaging the ring planet amid slightly poor image I got from my first Saturn image of the year. I hope to improve a little more in the days to come If I got time.



No comments: