Saturday, December 1, 2012

November 28-29, 2012 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse

While I was in Legaspi City, I was invited by former ALPer Rome Candaza to be a guest lecturer on E-Day. Since I will still be in my Bicol work trip on November 28th, I brought along my portable Canon EOS 500D DSLR with Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS L lens to document and image the eclipse after my lecture on chasing eclipses. The sky was ok the whole evening except for some patchy clouds which break up every time I'm about to image the eclipse:) So with luck on my side, I was able to image a complete 15 mins interval shot of the entire eclipse from 8:00pm to 1:00am :) Since this is just a penumbral lunar eclipse, I made sure my exposure is consistent throughout the entire eclipse so I can get a good exposure sequence of the penumbra all throughout the 94% the Moon is immersed in the Earth light shadow :)

No comments: