Saturday, August 24, 2013

Solar Imaging Session - August 24, 2013

Finally, after more than 4 months of solar hibernation, I was able to again see sunlight peering through my observing window so I quickly setup my solar equipment to observe the Sun in H-Alpha wavelength. But as I was observing the Sun, thick clouds and haze started to spoil my first imaging session in several month's time. But this didn't stop me from still trying to get something out of the session despite the poor condition. I was able to get a shot of the large looped dark filament in the SW quadrant through passing clouds. Image quality is poor but I'm still happy I still manage to image even one poor frame :0 Hope to get better images tomorrow........

1 comment:

Norme said...

Kevin, very nice work. Quite detailed view of the intriguing surface features. Thanks.