Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Solar Imaging Session - October 9, 2013 (Huge Eruptive Prominence)

The sky this morning is clear but seeing condition is poor. Once again, I'm very frustrated with the loss of imaging time due to the F&^%%** building crane in front of my observing window that is obstructing my view! But nevertheless, i waited patiently till past 8:30am before the Sun totally cleared out of that damn building crane! Lots of activities in the Sun this morning. A huge eruptive prominence is clearly visible in the SE limb beside AR11865 & 11864 sunspot group! It is still very gorgeous despite the poor seeing condition. AR11861 & AR11856 Sunspot Groups show a lot of solar activities and flares inside its core. Numerous large dark filaments can also be seen in the SE and SW quadrants. Hopefully, I will be able to do some white light observation and imaging as well tomorrow if I have good weather condition.

No comments: