Thursday, December 24, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas to all! The sky this morning is clear and I was able to do my usual solar work in Ha wavelength. AR2473 and 2472 Sunspot Groups still shows some mild flaring activity inside their cores. AR2470 Sunspot Group is on the edge already exiting the NW limb. In white light wavelength, I decided today to use my Canon EF 100-400mm L lens n place of my TV-101 refractor to lessen the weight load as well as wobbling effect due to my scope's long tube. The setup has become more stable and the Sun is almost dead center on the field while I'm imaging the full disk. Then when I'm going for higher magnification, then problem of balancing suddenly arises and i have to test several configurations again to balance the system and after I finished getting the right configuration by combining my xy guidescope mount and the rail system combo to balance the system. The Sun has already got obstructed by our roof. Anyway, I'm just learning to tame the system. I always will lower the tripod completely retracted so that I can have more session time before I get obstructed again tomorrow.

No comments: