Friday, December 25, 2015

Lunar Imaging Session - December 25, 2015

After visiting my mom in law, my son and I hurriedly setup our cameras to image tonight's Christmas Full Moon. I use my Canon EOS 500D DSLR with Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS L Lens set at 400mm f/11 while my son KC used his Canon Powershot A650IS point and shot camera set at 210mm focal length. Actually the Christmas Full Moon is nothing that spectacular about this except mainly for momentous day that a Full Moon falls on Christmas day. The last time a Full Moon occurred on Christmas Day was 38 years ago in 1977 with the next one happening again in 2034! Nevertheless, we can still say this is a rare event in layman's term :)
This is an image taken by my son using a Canon Powershot A650IS on sturdy tripod. I posted his moon pic here with slight processing only. He will be uploading his own processed lunar image on his own :)

No comments: