Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Solar Imaging Session - April 19, 2017

The sky this morning is partly cloudy and I had a hard time imaging. As i concentrated on AR2651 Sunspot Group development, there is a large hedgerow prominence just above the NE limb. As i was compositing, I saw a faint large ring just beside the limb where AR2651 is located and I turn up exposure and behold! A huge looped prominence with the shape of a half heart emerging from the limb! I had to readjust camera position so that I can squeeze both prominences as well as AR2651 Sunspot Group and a large dark filament in one frame as too many clouds for me to take the risk to individually image all. Aside from that, I was also able to image AR2650 Sunspot Group as well as the Long Dark Filament in the Southern limb before I got obstructed by our damn roof :( So no white light image of AR2651 Sunspot Group :(

No comments: