Sunday, November 19, 2017

Solar Imaging Session - November 19, 2017 ( Huge Long FilaProm !)

The sky this morning is cloudy so I thought no solar observation for today but late in the afternoon, I saw some sunlight peeping out of the cloudy sky so I thought of setting up at the roof deck to try to image the Sun in Ha wavelength. As I setup, clouds are starting to cover up the sky again and I almost gave up due to frustration but nevertheless, I still keep my patience as I got top see a beautiful long FilaProm on the SE limb! Took me to wait for more than an hour before I could take a quickie shot of the prominence before it got clouded again :( I waited for another 30 minutes before I could shot another large eruptive prominence in the NE limb under very poor seeing condition now as the Sun is very low already and is about to get obstructed by the roof deck fence. Despite the not so favorable condition, I'm still happy to capture the FilaProm nevertheless.

No comments: