Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Deep Sky Imaging Session - April 20, 2020

Its a good news for me that the weather suddenly starts to clear up once again after almost 2 weeks of bad weather. I try to catch up with the setting NGC 2244 Rosette Nebula in Monoceros which is already setting low in the western horizon. I think the Enhanced Community Quarantine did clean up the sky a bit I was surprised that I was still able to image it and with only less than 20 minutes of total exposure, I'm still quite happy with the result. Afterwards, I try to image the large M67 Galactic star cluster in Cancer with only 27minutes of exposure as well as Leo Triplet Galaxies in Leo consisting of NGC 3628 , M65 and M66 before clouds started to rolled in again! I waited for a while and at around 1:30am, the southern sky opened up a bit for me to image NGC 5128 Centaurus A in Centaurus with a total exposure of 24 minutes before it got obstructed by our building :( After that, I called it a day and so I packed up. Images were taken using my trusty TV-101 refractor on Vixen GPDX mount with ASI294MC Pro.

No comments: