Saturday, September 4, 2021

Solar Imaging Session - September 4, 2021

The sky this morning is cloudy and I thought I wouldn't be able to image today. But mid afternoon, the sky opens up a bit for me to do some solar imaging at our roofdeck. The seeing is good this afternoon although with some passing clouds. AR2863 Sunspot Group is growing while AR2864 Sunspot Group also grows quite fast as well. There is a possible new small AR2865 Sunspot Group that is growing the the left of AR2864 Sunspot Group. Likewise, there are also 2 new possible Sunspot Groups in the SE limb probably will be designated AR2866 and 2867 Sunspot Groups in the days to come. There is also a huge group of eruptive prominences in the NE limb as well. I was also able to do a decent CaK wavelength imaging on the full disk as well as AR2863 and AR2864 Sunspot Groups before I get obstructed.

No comments: