Saturday, December 4, 2021

Comet Imaging Session - C/2021 A1 Leonard

The sky this early morning was partly clear so I try to setup to image Comet C/2021 A1 Leonard which is a little near the bright star Arcturus in constellation of Bootes. Although I started setting a little early at 3:00am, but I run into mount problem as it's been a while already that I had image deep sky once again since March of this year. I almost gave up this session as it was very frustrating but I persevere until I was able to get things going but unfortunately, I lose a lot of time on it :( But nevertheless, I still was able to capture the comet and fighting daybreak as it was already past 5:30am and some clouds try to pester me once more as some these clouds try to cover the comet field! Sigh... Anyway, here's my image of the comet with some cloud cover on the field as well as a 50% crop off the damn clouds! The comet is more or less about magnitude 7 with the usual green color head. I hope to reimage again tomorrow morning and hope I will get a clearer shot of the comet before it sink further into the NE horizon.

No comments: