Saturday, July 9, 2022

Solar Imaging Session - July 9, 2022

The sky this afternoon is partly clear and seeing condition is very good. It's been almost 26 days since my last solar imaging session because of bad weather. I'm also all sweat up as very hot this afternoon under the extreme heat of around 39.8 deg C! AR3053 Sunspot Group unleashed a bright flare this early morning but unfortunately, the sky this morning is cloudy. Nevertheless, I still proceeded to image AR3053 as well as AR3055 Sunspot Group which is also exhibiting some flaring activity inside its core. There are 2 long dark filament beside AR3055 Sunspot Group. I was also able to get another 3 Sunspot Groups namely AR3052, 3051 and 3046 Sunspot Groups in CaK wavelength. There is also a large hedgerow prominence visible in the western limb. I was able to image this afternoon in all 3 wavelengths.

No comments: