Thursday, August 20, 2026
Comet Imaging Session - August 21, 2026
The sky this evening is partly cloudy and hazy but I proceeded to take a chance to try to image the comet 220P McNaught in the constellation of Cetus.
Comet has already passed its sudden brightness burst and is dimming fast again at magnitude +8.8 :(
I try to capture it with my Dwarf 3 Smart Scope at Astro Mode with VIS Filter at AZ Mode with a 10 minute integrated exposure (20 x 30sec) at Gain 60. I try a 5 minute exposure but it didn't come out thus had to do 10 minutes with minimal comet trail to show it dimly in the field of view. After I took the shot, the sky clouded out totally thus ending my session. Nevertheless, I'm still happy to capture it even if it is dim. As they say, better than nothing at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment