Thursday, September 8, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - September 8, 2011 (Huge Dark Filaments & Numerous Sunspot Groups)

The sky this morning is clear but seeing is again not that good. There are several huge dark filaments that can be seen on the Sun. AR11283 is starting to deteriorate in size but is still highly active when viewed at Ha wavelength. New AR11289 Sunspot Group which is near the NE limb is big and since it is still undergoing Wilson Effect near the limb, I'm expecting this group to be very interesting in the coming days. AR11281 Sunspot Group is already decayed and remnants of the group can still be faintly seen in both white light and Ha wavelength. Lastly, small, cute AR11287 Sunspot Group is already nice to look at despite its small size :)

One thing though that bothers me is that I forgot to tilt the Sun's orientation correctly as I was imaging the Sun at high resolution. Bummer me :( Anyway, I will be more careful in my next imaging session :)









No comments: