Saturday, September 3, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - September 4, 2011 (Large Eruptive Prominence)

The sky this morning was partly cloudy so I decided it is again another sol solar imaging morning............... :( Then after an hour, the Sun suddenly peeked out through my window again thus prompting me to jump out of the bed and quickly check the Sun out and saw a nice eruptive prominence in the NE limb!

I also notice the sky was not completely clear after all but only a small cloud opening instead and I try to image all the solar features that I could image in that small timw window but was only able to get a fair shot of the eruptive prominence together with 2 nice dark filaments and AR11283 Sunspot Group only :(

Several small sunspot groups were also visible going to the western limb as well as 2 moderate size prominences but didn't get more time for me to image them as clouds and roof obstruction started to cover the Sun :(

No comments: