Saturday, November 5, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - November 5, 2011

The sky this morning is once again super cloudy and I was again frustrated not being able to image AR11339 and AR11338 for the 3rd day! But at around 11:15am, some breaks in the clouds give me an opportunity to try to image them so I setup my white light system . There are 5 sunspot group still visible on the Sun disk with newcomer possible AR11440 coming in from the SE limb. AR11339 Sunspot Group obviously dominate the show today.

But since the Sun is almost again near my main roof obstruction again, I was only able to buy time to just being able to image full disk shot only. Afterwards, clouds started to roll in hard and even rain hard! :(I hope to be able to image it tomorrow so that I can make a comparison size between my other high res solar shots to determine how it fares against them but this is a very good and photogenic group indeed!


No comments: