Saturday, March 31, 2012

Solar Imaging Session - April 1, 2012 (Long NE Dark Filament)

I wake up late this morning after trying to get more rest after having to update my personal webpage till 3:00am due to the long queue of images that I haven't posted in my webpage :(

Anyway, as I wake up, I saw sunlight coming in from my observing window so I didn't waste any more time to setup and image the Sun asap. AR11445 Sunspot group is still the biggest group on the Sun today with AR11449 Sunspot Group showing a bright flare inside its core. The rest of the the sunspot groups are small as well as about to exit the western limb.

A nice large eruptive prominence can be seen in the SW limb while a huge dark filament is now entering the NE limb and this should be an interesting feature to monitor in the days to come.

I wasn't able to do any white light images today as I got obstructed already by our roof after imaging through H-Alpha wavelength. :(






No comments: