Saturday, June 23, 2012

Solar Imaging Session - June 23, 2012 (Numerous Huge Prominences !!!)

As I arrive to Manila  from my Baguio work trip this morning, I saw the sky was clear and despite still tired from my long travel, I was tempted to setup at our laundry area to try to see how the Sun looks like after almost 40 days of no regular solar imaging session (of course this doesn't include  the May 21 annular solar eclipse as well as June 6th Venus transit whereas I concentrated on the event itself rather than doing my routine solar work.)

I waited till the Sun is visible at our laundry area around past 10:30am, I setup and look through white light and could only see a very small pore AR11509 sunspot group on the disk :(  Switching to Ha wavelength is another story as I could visually see numerous huge prominences visible around the solar limb!  I quickly started imaging as I could see that I have more or less another hour left for me to image before I get obstructed again by our roof :(

The session was worth it and I couldn't and care that I had to haul down my solar setup from 3rd floor to ground floor just to be able to see what old Sol is doing on the days I missed him :) LOL







No comments: