Thursday, January 1, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - January 2, 2015

I started off my 2015 astro imaging session on the Sun as usual. The sky is partly clear in the morning and seeing condition is poor. I had a hard time locking focus on high resolution as seeing was not very good. But I still manage to image the giant group AR2253 Sunspot Group as well as full disk through thin passing clouds. In Ha wavelength, there is a very nice huge hedgerow prominence together with 2 large dark filaments visible in the SE limb. Giant AR2253 Sunspot Group has lots of activity inside its core and will probably be having some nice flares in the days to come I guess. Smaller AR2252 and 2251 Sunspot Groups are also very active and both has twisted dark filaments coming out form respective groups.

No comments: