Saturday, February 14, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - February 15, 2015

The sky this morning is very cloudy but I could see some small holes in the clouds that I might be able to do some Ha imaging of the remaining view of the huge long dark filament that is exiting the SW limb. As I was waiting for the hole openings, I was saddened that the clouds become thicker and thicker as I wait! But suddenly a small hole pops out for me to make a short exposure of the SW limb and saw a nice FilamProm lurking out of the limb. The prominence looks like a Dragon's armored Fin Scale and composed nicely to the remaining tail end of this beautiful long dark filament. I only use a basic Coronado PST-Ha setup as the image is already dim and by adding the Double Stacked SM40 into the setup might dimmed it further as well as deprived me of getting an exposure of the prominence. True enough, after the exposure, I got totally clouded out :(

No comments: