Sunday, June 13, 2021

Solar Imaging Session - June 13, 2021

The sky this morning is cloudy with some sunlight so went to our parking area to setup my solar scope only to get clouded out !  I waited till the Sun is totally obstructed by our roof before I all it quits and pack up.  As I finish packing up my scope, I saw some more sunlight coming out a bit from the clouds and I took another setup risk at the roof deck and hope I will be given another chance to image the Sun and after a 30 minute wait, the Sun comes out from the cloud cover and let me image her in hydrogen alpha and white light before getting clouded out again.... Perseverance and patience paid off for today's imaging session.

Aside from the decaying AR2832 Sunspot Group which still show a little flaring activity inside its core, yesterday's huge SW eruptive prominence is still visible and huge despite a huge reduction in size as well as a little flattened appearance.  There is also a new AR2833 Sunspot Group coming out from the NE limb and a beautiful ejection prominence beside it on the NE limb as well.











No comments: