Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Solar Imaging Session - May 24, 2022

The sky this morning is again very cloudy and hazy while seeing conditionis fair. I was able to image AR3014 and AR3015 Sunspot Groups in white light wavelength as well as a single shot of AR3014 Sunspot Group in Ha wavelength before I get totally clouded out :( AR3014 Sunspot Group is starting to undergo Wilson Effect as it nears the limb thus its shows a slightly squeeze image in its length. AR3017 Sunspot Group, on the other hand, is starting to develop a nice moderate size umbra and penumbra core structure. As I was starting to image AR3014 Sunspot Group in Ha wavelength, clouds started to cover up the Sun and seeing condition drops to poor and shows wobble effect while I was imaging before I got totally clouded out :( Since I have to go to work, I wasn't able to find more time to wait for they sky to open up again.

No comments: