Saturday, October 11, 2008

Solar Imaging Session - October 11, 2008 (AR1004 Sunspot Group Growing!)

Hello:

I was expecting to see more developments on the confirmed AR1004 Sunspot Group that I saw and image yesterday and I was not disappointed. Although the sky here in Manila this morning is mostly clouded out, I was able to shot a quick AVI of the AR1004 Group using ATK-1HS II webcam on Coronado PST-Ha. I will try to image the group in white light later in case the weather is ok in the afternoon but the way I see it, it looks not promising :( =====

Nevertheless, below is the image of the AR1004 Sunspot Group that I was able to shoot through bad haze and passing clouds. There are numerous small prominences around the solar limb but with the weather condition, I wasn't able to image them. Was lucky to still get away with a shot of the group before getting clouded out :(

No comments: