Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Solar Imaging Session - February 3, 2010 (Huge Eruptive Prominences!!!)

Hello:

I wake up a bit late this morning was a bit groggy but still manage to set myself for another solar imaging session. Seeing was fair this morning though. As I point the PST toward the Sun, I was surprised to see a very bright and large eruptive prominence giving me a good morning greeting! Since Im running out of time already, I quickly image the bright eruptive prominence asap. Afterwards, I scan the solar limb for more prominences, I was able to see another fainter huge looped prominence as well and managed to image it as well. The boring AR11043 sunspot group is still not beautiful in Ha light but has a better photo appeal through the white light wavelength. Unfortunately, the small components of the group are all gone and only the main component of the group is still visible. I estimate the group will decay even more tomorrow .... :(



No comments: