Saturday, December 11, 2010

Solar Imaging Session - December 11, 2010

The sky this morning was very hazy and cloudy. Seeing condition is fair though. I had to wait for more than 40 minutes after setup before I could do any imaging. AR11131 and AR11133 still give a nice display of activeness surrounded by nice small plages and dark filaments around each group.

Another interesting feature on the Sun this morning is an appearance of a huge eruptive prominences that was visible in the SE limb. Along faint dark filament is also of interest and need monitoring can be found in the SW quadrant of the Sun.

I wasn't able to do any white light imaging this morning because the clouds started to interfere halfway into my Ha imaging session and finally shut me down during my attempt to do any white light imaging :(



No comments: