Saturday, November 15, 2014

Solar Imaging Session - November 16, 2014

The sky this morning is clear and seeing condition is very good. Unfortunately, imaging gremlins is always there to make life hard. I got to discover that my 220V-12V adapter was bitten by my small Maltese dog named Crunch!!! Luckily I still have my deep cycle battery on hand for me to tap power to run my GP-DX mount. :) Anyway, Huge AR2209 Sunspot Group is now starting to show its size but honestly, I can see it is not as huge as its previous size when it was still designated AR2192 Sunspot Group. But it is still large in size and worth monitoring. AR2209 Sunspot Group has a unique appearance as it has a hole inside its core structure much like a lagoon with a hear shape umbra to make up its beautiful appearance of the group :) AR2208 Sunspot Group has almost disintegrated while AR2205 Sunspot Group is exiting the NW limb already. I was also able to do a full disk white light image this morning. In Ha wavelength, there are 2 huge hedgerow prominences visible in the NW and SE limb which add spice to this morning's solar imaging session. Once again, I wasn't able to use the SM40 to double stacked my Ha imaging session because I'm running out of time and nearing roof obstruction already brought about by the earlier obstacle. There is also a long dark filament near the meridian but unfortunately, clouds rolled in fast and prevented me from imaging it :( Nevertheless, I'm still happy with the results of this morning session.

No comments: