Sunday, April 8, 2012

Solar Imaging Session - April 7, 2012 (Huge Dark Filament !)

I wake up late this morning a bit after a tiring Saturn imaging and processing session till this early morning and I had a family outing also in the morning as well so I had to use a limited time sked for me to grab a few Ha images before we leave in the morning. So processing had to be done after I get home next day :( Nevertheless, the sky in the morning was a bit hazy and seeing condition is poor. The main attraction on the Sun's disk is still the huge long dark filament in the NW quadrant. Another new large dark filament is also a good feature to observe in the NE limb. 2 groups of nice eruptive prominences are also visible in the NW and SW limb. Overall, the sunspot groups are quiet today :0




No comments: