Saturday, December 21, 2013

Solar Imaging Session - December 21, 2013 (Huge Tall Fountain Prominence!)

The sky this morning is clear but seeing condition is fair. AR11928 Sunspot Group dominates the surface of the Sun with its beautiful umbra and penumbral structure with new AR11931 Sunspot Group which just comes out of the SE limb not bad as well in appearance. I was still able to catch up with departing AR11918 Sunspot Group before it exits the western limb in a day or two. But AR11928's beauty was eclipsed in beauty today in Ha wavelength with the appearance of a huge tall fountain prominence that will surely caught anyone's attention if they were looking at the Sun in Ha wavelength during my morning session! So far, I think this is the tallest prominence tat I was able to image up to date since I got my Coronado PST-Ha way back in 2008! New upcoming possible AR11934 (?) Sunspot Group shows lot of solar activity inside its core. Same goes for huge AR11928 Sunspot Group. It was a nice welcome home solar imaging session for me after I got back from Baguio City :) LOL

No comments: