Saturday, March 27, 2010

Solar Imaging Session - March 27, 2010 (AR 11057 Sunspot Group)

Hello:

The sky this morning is again partially clear with lots of dark clouds on the eastern horizon :( I hurriedly try to image the Sun before the clouds catch up with me. As I observe and image the Sun in Ha light, AR 11057 was very beautiful and eye catching so I quickly image it. As for prominences, they are several moderate and small prominences visible on the limb as well as a faint large eruptive prominence that can be seen in the SW limb.


As I was about to image the Sun in white light, clouds suddenly block my view and I wasn't able to image it till around 1:30pm! Darn ! That was a long wait but worth it :) Although the seeing was still not good, I still managed top image the group up close as well as whole disk. I hope to be able to image AR 11057 again tomorrow morning and maybe with a better seeing condition :)



No comments: