Saturday, October 1, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - October 2, 2011

The sky this morning is very cloudy but nevertheless I still setup to try t see if I can get away with some shots of the Sun in Ha and white light wavelength. I waited the whole morning from 7:00am to 9:00am before calling it quits when the Sun got obstructed already by our roof :(

Amid the wait, I manage to get a short video clip of the Sun in Ha through Coronado PST-Ha and can see AR11302 Sunspot Group starting to undergo Wilson Effect as it nears the western limb. 2 nice sine wave shaped dark filaments continues to surround the group and adds some spice to the group's photogenic appearance. AR11305 Sunspot Group can also be seen with some mild solar activity inside its core. Some moderate sized eruptive prominences are visible on the NW limb but I wasn't able to image it. I can also discern a small sunspot group growing in the center of SW quadrant but cant exactly confirm it clearly but I think this will probably get a designation AR11308 if it holds out a little more time I guess........ It is close to the large dark filament in this quadrant as well.



Hope to get a decent imaging session tomorrow if weather clears :0

No comments: