Saturday, October 15, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - October 16, 2011 (Very Hazy Morning! )

The sky this morning was surprisingly bad and very hazy due to thick white clouds covering the sky :( Nevertheless, I proceeded to image the Sun amid expectations that the image would come out not well :( But for record purposes, I still try to image as much as I can before I gave up when I can't see any more details coming out of the sun surface anymore:( It is one of the hardest image processing session I have today due to the softness of the image brought about by the thick clouds and haze! :(

A new possible AR11321 Sunspot Group is visible in the NE limb while AR11312 Sunspot Group is now about to exit the NW limb. AR11314 Sunspot Group continues to be the sunspot to monitor because of its nice solar activity inside its core and surroundings. The huge large dark filament is still visible beside AR11314 :)
As for prominences, only a few small prominences are visible on the Sun's limb.





1 comment:

Suncityan said...

Thank you for your persistence, the images this morning are excellent considering the seeing conditions!