Sunday, October 16, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - October 17, 2011 (10 Sunspot Groups & Nice Dark Filaments )

The sky this morning is initially clear with good seeing condition. I quickly use the opportunity to image as fast as possible as I know the good condition wont last long based from my weeks of observation. I started out with imaging the Sun in Ha wavelength and capture the interesting areas between AR11314 and AR11317 Sunspot Groups. AR11319 Sunspot Group is now the center of attraction now as it has grown in size and area and now eclipses AR11314 Sunspot Group both in Ha and in white light wavelength! AR11312 Sunspot Group is now in the NW limb and probable will exit the Sun tomorrow. Lots of suddenly appearing small sunspot groups pops out beside AR11313 Sunspot Groups near the SW limb and there are AR11320 & AR11322 :)There are some small eruptive prominences only this morning but lots of dark filaments though :)

After I image in Ha wavelength, I started to notice clouds developing near the Sun so I didn't waste any dilly dally time and image the bigger groups in white light wavelength and ended the session with a full disk white light Sun showing a total of 10 sunspot groups! :) Wow!










No comments: