Monday, October 10, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - October 10, 2011 ( 5 Sunspot Groups and Large Eruptive Prominence ! )

After 4 days of cloudy and rainy skies, the sky this morning opens up a bit for me to get a chance to observe and image the Sun. There are now 5 sunspot groups visible on the solar disk with AR11312 Sunspot Group the biggest circular group and AR11314 Sunspot Group as the new kid on the block :) Although not as flashy and photogenic as AR11302 , it is nevertheless beautiful :) There is also a large eruptive prominence that is visible in the NW limb that is nice to look at as well :)

Clouds then suddenly started to interfere with my observation and imaging in white light that I had to give up after 8:50am as I need to go to work already. Unfortunately, the sky clears up after I left the house :) LOL Nevertheless, I'm hoping I would be able to image the Sun again both in Ha and white light wavelength tomorrow.




No comments: